Medical Assistant - Anderson, IN
- Residential Services - May House Group Home
- Anderson, IN, USA
- Part Time
- Eligible for Benefits
Put your passion for people to work!
Do you have an interest in helping adults with mental illness gain valuable life skills to reach their level of recovery? Are you a natural teacher, possessing the patience and collaborative attitude to help people achieve recovery goals? Are you known for your ability to focus on the detailed and precise execution of a process? If so, we may have the perfect role for you as a Medical Assistant at Aspire Indiana.
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together . . . making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and community service.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and helpful contributors who demonstrate care and consideration for client beliefs, values and judgments. If you think you may be a valuable team player in this type of environment, read on to learn more about our Medical Assistant position.
This Medical Assistant position is for our May House Group Home located in Anderson, IN. The MA will provide skills training and development, medication training and education services to seriously mentally ill adults in a residential setting. Duties include but not limited to: ensuring continuity of care with physicians and labs, orient clients to the psychiatric rehabilitation process, observe and document their independent living skills, teach and observe critical skills (e.g., hygiene, personal care, safety, meal preparation, housekeeping, money management, etc.) as needed to reach the individual's treatment goals, train clients in the use of community services (food pantry, library, public transportation, etc.) as needed, transport residents, monitor their health, self-administration of medication, and may also set or fill medication boxes for residents.
Education and Experience:
- Medical Assistant degree from a two (2) year clinical program preferred; other equivalent degrees with certification, licensure, or registration considered (i.e., LPN, etc.) and one (1) year related experience in a service capacity to individuals in need (e.g., children, youth, elderly, physically, emotionally, and/or mentally disabled, special needs, nursing care, etc.).
- Must possess CMA (AAMA) Certification
- Prior work experience in a health care setting with adults who have a serious mental illness preferred
- Must possess/maintain a valid driver's license, current automobile insurance and a driving record that meets the guidelines and requirements of the organization
- Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspire's policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Driving History Record, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References
Aspire Indiana is committed to providing a quality fringe benefits package that includes:
Group Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and Prescription Coverage
Competitive Pay With Opportunities for Growth and Development
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Retirement Plan With Generous Employer Match
Free Health Clinic for Eligible Staff
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account Program
Life and AD&D Insurance
Paid Bereavement and Jury Leave
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A Casual Dress Attire
A Friendly Relaxed Atmosphere
We are committed to the health and wellness of our employees and are proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about Aspire, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Morgan Kantner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 587-0550