General Medical Nurse Practitioner-Lebanon, IN
- - Aspire Indiana Health
- Lebanon , IN, USA
- Salary is based on related experience
- Full Time
- Eligible for Benefits
General Medical Nurse Practitioner
Put Your Passion for People to Work!
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together . . . making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and community service.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and helpful contributors who demonstrate care and consideration for client beliefs, values and judgments. If you think you may be a valuable team player in this type of environment, read on to learn more about our Residential Life Skills Coach position.
Aspire Indiana is looking for a full-time General Medical Nurse Practitioner who will provide primary care services and medication management to adults and children in an outpatient setting, and perform as an independent and interdependent member of the medical services team providing integrated general medical services to Aspire's behavioral health population.
Duties include, but are not limited to, physical assessments, medical evaluations, prescribing and/or monitoring medications according to appropriate diagnoses, symptoms, & practice guidelines, ordering appropriate laboratory tests, reviewing results and making necessary adjustments, administering injections, etc.
This position demands a high level of safety awareness and coaching skills. Knowledge and experience of common medical conditions required.
This position is primarily a daytime position, Monday through Friday with no inpatient responsibility. Some travel required. Aspire will work cooperatively with the candidate to arrange an appropriate collaborative physician.
CRITICAL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing school
- Recognized as a Registered Nurse (RN) with Prescriptive Authority by the State of Indiana
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and State of Indiana Controlled Substance Registration
- Familiarity with MedInformatix a plus
- Must have the ability to empathize and be compassionate to consumer/client needs
- Must exhibit an interest and ability to work effectively with the severely mentally ill and display a commitment to community-based psychosocial rehabilitation
- Must be able to work autonomously and under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Must be capable of exercising good judgment in crisis situations
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Must be flexible and cooperative
- Must be able to learn quickly and grasp new procedures and concepts
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be self-motivated and research oriented
- Must possess and demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Must support diversity
- Familiarity with MedInformatix a plus
Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspires policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Driving History Record, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References
Aspire is committed to the health and wellness of our employees and is proud to be a tobacco free work place.
Aspire Indiana is committed to providing a quality fringe benefits package that includes:
Group Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and Prescription Coverage
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Access to a Free Health Clinic
Flexible Spending Account Program
Life and AD&D Insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid Bereavement and Jury Leave
Retirement Plan With Generous Employer Match
Mental Health & Addiction Loan Repayment Assistant Program
Public Loan Forgiveness
CEU's Obtained through Aspire
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A Casual Dress Attire
A Friendly Relaxed Atmosphere
We are committed to the health and wellness of our employees and are proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about Aspire, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Hilary Davis-Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 587-0518