Non-Medical Case Manager
- - Infectious Disease
- Anderson, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Eligible for Benefits
Special Populations Support Program (SPSP) Supportive Care Specialist
Put your passion for people to work!
Aspire Indiana HIV/AIDS Services program is currently looking for a Special Populations Support Program (SPSP) Supportive Care Specialist!
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and community service.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and helpful contributors who demonstrate care and consideration for client beliefs, values and judgments. If you think you may be a valuable team player in this type of environment, read on to learn more about our SPSP Supportive Care Coordinator position.
The SPSP Supportive Care Specialist will work with HIV-positive clients who are also experiencing substance use/abuse. SPSP Supportive Care Specialists work primarily in a case management role to assist clients in developing a harm reduction plan, understanding the negative impacts of substance use on health, and to increase and facilitate client engagement in HIV related System of Care. This is a multi-disciplinary team that provides ongoing support to consumers in the community. Well qualified candidates will function optimally working as a member of a diverse and specialized team, but must be comfortable working independently. To view the job description click here
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Service field (social work, psychology, nursing, or a related degree) from a college/university accredited by the US Department of Education required
- One (1) year case management experience with substance using individuals highly preferred
- Knowledge of social service and financial assistant programs highly preferred
- Healthcare and/or non-profit experience and a solid understanding of the behavioral health field, a plus
- Must be proficient with computers
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Good communicator with strong written and oral skills; good presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Must be extremely detail oriented, flexible and cooperative
- Ability to work and effectively deal with multiple types of personalities in a variety of situations
- Must possess and demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Must possess/maintain a valid driver's license, current automobile insurance and a driving record that meets the guidelines and requirements of the organization
- Must have the ability to use personal car to transport self and others
Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspires policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References
Aspire Indiana is committed to providing a quality fringe benefits package that includes:
Group Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and Prescription Coverage
Competitive Pay With Opportunities for Growth and Development
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Retirement Plan With Generous Employer Match
On Site Health Clinic for Eligible Staff
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account Program
Life and AD&D Insurance
Paid Bereavement and Jury Leave
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A Casual Dress Attire
A Friendly Relaxed Atmosphere
We are also committed to the health and wellness of our employees and are proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about Aspire, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Morgan Kantner at email@example.com or (317) 587-0550