Part-Time Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) in Anderson, Indiana
- - Residential Services
- Anderson, IN, USA
- Starting at 13.25 commensurate with experience
- Part Time
Certified Recovery Specialist
Put your passion for people to work!
Do you have an interest in helping adults with mental illness gain valuable life skills to reach their level of recovery? Are you a natural teacher, possessing the patience and collaborative attitude to help people achieve recovery goals? Are you known for your ability to focus on the detailed and precise execution of a process? If so, we may have the perfect role for you as a Certified Recovery Specialist at Aspire Indiana.
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together...making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and community service.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and helpful contributors who demonstrate care and consideration for client beliefs, values and judgments. If you think you may be a valuable team player in this type of environment, read on to learn more about our Certified Recovery Specialist position.
This part-time (24hours/week) Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) position is located in Anderson, IN. The CRS will work to engage consumers while providing peer support services, serving as a consumer advocate and providing consumer information for consumers in emergency, outpatient, or inpatient settings under supervision.
Duties include: assisting consumers in articulating personal goals for recovery, identifying barriers to recovery goals, identifying personal strengths in daily living and recovery skills, teaching consumers how to identify and overcome fears, assisting consumers in building social skills by demonstrating and reinforcing proper conduct and respectful interaction, utilizing your unique recovery experience to teach and role model the value of every individual's recovery experience, maintaining effective coping and self-help techniques, and any other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Completion of State-Approved training program and passing score on certification exam
• Must self-identify as a current or former consumer
• Must be maintaining a healthy recovery from mental illness
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
• Must be capable of exercising good judgment in crisis situations
• Must be extremely detail oriented
• Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to meet written communication requirements
• Must have good presentation skills
• Must be flexible and cooperative
• Must be able to learn quickly and grasp new procedures and concepts
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to work and effectively deal with multiple types of personalities in a variety of situations
• Must be results driven
• Professional presentation
• Must be self-motivated and research oriented
• Must possess and demonstrate good problem solving skills
• Must support diversity
• Must have access to reliable transportation to travel between facilities, maintain a valid driver's license, current automobile insurance and a driving record that meets the guidelines and requirements of the organization
Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspires policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Driving History Record, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References
Aspire is committed to the health and wellness of our employees and is proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about Aspire, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Hilary Davis-Reed at email@example.com or at (317) 587-0500