Certified Medical Assistant - Willowbrook OP
- - Aspire Indiana Health
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Eligible for Benefits
Certified Medical Assistant
Put your passion for people to work!
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together... making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and community service.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and helpful contributors who demonstrate care and consideration for client beliefs, values and judgments. If you think you may be a valuable team player in this type of environment, read on to learn more about our Certified Medical Assistant.
This Certified Medical Assistant position will provide skill, development and medication training to consumers in conjunction with the treatment team. Duties include, but are not limited to: providing medication monitoring/management in individual and/or group settings, consulting with physician for medication-related issues, setting or filling medication boxes, conducting age-appropriate medication education sessions, managing crisis situations, and any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience Requirements:
• Medical Assistant degree from a two (2) year clinical program with certification. Other equivalent degrees with certification, licensure, or registration considered (i.e., LPN, etc.)
• One (1) year directly related experience in a service capacity of individuals in need (e.g., children, youth, elderly, physically, emotionally and/or mentally disabled, special needs, etc.)
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
• Must be capable of exercising good judgment in crisis situations
• Must be extremely detail oriented
• Good communicator with strong written, oral and customer service skills
• Good presentation skills
• Must be flexible and cooperative
• Must be able to learn quickly and grasp new procedures and concepts
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to work and effectively deal with multiple types of personalities in a variety of situations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be results driven
• Professional presentation
• Must be self-motivated and research oriented
• Must possess and demonstrate good problem solving skills
• Must support diversity
• Must have access to reliable transportation, maintain a valid driver's license, current automobile insurance and a driving record that meets the guidelines and requirements of the organization
• Experience with Medicaid and/or commercial insurance authorizations preferred
• Prior clerical experience highly preferred
• Previous experience in a mental health facility or medical office setting highly preferred
Aspire Indiana is committed to providing a quality fringe benefits package that includes:
Group Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and Prescription Coverage
Competitive Pay With Opportunities for Growth and Development
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Retirement Plan With Generous Employer Match
On-Site Health Clinic for Eligible Staff
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account Program
Life and AD&D Insurance
Paid Bereavement and Jury Leave
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A Casual Dress Attire
A Friendly Relaxed Atmosphere
We are also committed to the health and wellness of our employees and are proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about Aspire, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Morgan Kantner at email@example.com or at (317) 587-0550