Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Central Indiana
- - Aspire Indiana Health
- Various Locations, IN, USA
- Starting at 94,197.60 commensurate with experience
- Full-Time or Part-Time
- Eligible for Benefits
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Aspire Indiana is now hiring Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners to join our integrated healthcare teams in various locations within northern Marion County, Hamilton, Boone and Madison counties. This is primarily a daytime position that offers a Monday through Friday work schedule with no inpatient responsibility. Aspire will work cooperatively with the candidate to arrange an appropriate collaborative physician.
Do you have an interest in integrated healthcare? Are you passionate about making a positive impact in your community? Do you have an interest in providing excellent care to individuals with serious mental illnesses, co-occurring disorders and/or complex medical conditions? Are you a natural problem solver, possessing critical thinking skills and great people skills that allow you to collaboratively and creatively work with a multidisciplinary treatment team to help our clients achieve their wellness and recovery goals?
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together . . . making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and disciplined contributors who provide quality care in a non-judgmental way, and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary treatment team that consists of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, care coordinators and nursing staff.
This position will provide behavioral health care services and medication management to adults in an outpatient setting, and perform as an independent and interdependent member of the medical services team. Duties include, but are not limited to, physical assessments, medical evaluations, prescribing and/or monitoring medications accroding to appropriate diagnoses, symptoms and guidelines, ordering appropriate laboratory tests, reviewing results and making necessary adjustments, administering injections, etc.
This position demands a high level of safety awareness and teaching skills. Knowledge and experience of DSM and crisis & emergency interventions are needed.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing school
- Must be recognized as a Registered Nurse (RN) with Prescriptive Authority by the State of Indiana
- Must have a current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and State of Indiana Controlled Substance Registration (CSR)
- Must have ANCC or other certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Record (EHR) a plus
- Knowledge and experience of common medical conditions required
- Must exhibit an interest and ability to work effectively with the severely mentally ill and display a commitment to community-based psycho-social rehabilitation
- Must have the ability to empathize and be compassionate to client needs
- Must be able to work autonomously and under own initiative
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Must be capable of exercising good judgment in crisis situations
- Must be flexible and cooperative
- Must be able to learn quickly and grasp new procedures and concepts
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must support diversity
- Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspires policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References
Aspire Indiana is committed to providing a quality fringe benefits package that includes:
Group Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and Prescription Coverage
Competitive Pay With Opportunities for Growth and Development
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Retirement Plan With Generous Employer Match
On-Site Health Clinic for Eligible Staff
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account Program
Life and AD&D Insurance
Paid Bereavement and Jury Leave
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A Casual Dress Attire
A Friendly Relaxed Atmosphere
We are also committed to the health and wellness of our employees and are proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about Aspire Indiana Health, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Hilary Davis-Reed at email@example.com or at (317) 587-0518