Medical Assistant, Anderson, IN
- - Aspire Indiana Health
- Anderson, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Eligible for Benefits
Put your passion for people to work!
Do you have an interest in providing excellent care to individuals with mental illnesses, co-occuring disorders and/or complex medical conditions? Do you want to make a positive impact on the overall health of those struggling with these issues? Are you you a natural problem solver, possessing the critical thinking skills to collaboratively and creatively help our clients achieve their wellness and recovery goals? Are you tired of working weekends and holidays? If so, we may have the perfect role for you as a Medical Assistant.
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together . . . making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and community service.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and disciplined contributors who demonstrate care and consideration for client beliefs, values and judgments. If you think you may be a valuable team player in this type of environment, Aspire Indiana is currently looking for a full-time Medical Assistant.
The Medical Assistant will provide primary and behavioral health services to patients as part of Aspire's integration team. This position demands a high regard for integrated or whole person care with knowledge of nursing practices with the seriously mentally ill population.
This position demands a high level of safety awareness and teaching skills. Knowledge and experience of DSM, crisis & emergency interventions and infection control are needed.
This position is Monday through Friday with some early evening hours required. Some travel required to cover other offices as needed.
- Graduate of a two (2) year Medical Assistant program accredited by the U.S. Department of Education highly preferred
- One (1) year directly related experience in a service capacity of individuals in need (e.g., children, youth, elderly, physically, emotionally and/or mentally disabled, special needs, etc.) preferred
- Previous clinical experience in a medical office setting highly preferred
- Certification as a Medical Assistant highly preferred
- Must have the ability to empathize and be compassionate to client needs
- Must be able to work autonomously and under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Must be capable of exercising good judgment in crisis situations
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Must be flexible and cooperative
- Must be able to learn quickly and grasp new procedures and concepts
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work and effectively deal with multiple types of personalities in a variety of situations
- Must possess and demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Must support diversity
- Must have access to reliable transportation, maintain a valid driver's license, current automobile insurance and a driving record that meets the guidelines and requirements of the organization
Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspires policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References
Aspire Indiana is committed to providing a quality fringe benefits package that includes:
Group Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and Prescription Coverage
Competitive Pay With Opportunities for Growth and Development
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Retirement Plan With Generous Employer Match
On-Site Health Clinic for Eligible Staff
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account Program
Life and AD&D Insurance
Paid Bereavement and Jury Leave
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A Casual Dress Attire
A Friendly Relaxed Atmosphere
We are also committed to the health and wellness of our employees and are proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about the position, please contact Hilary Davis-Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (317) 587-0518
For more information about Aspire, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.