Residential Life Skills Coach - Deaf Cluster
- Residential Services - Deaf Group Home
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Based on Related Experience
- Part Time
Residential Coach - Deaf Cluster Apartments
Put Your Passion for People to Work!
Do you have an interest in helping adults with mental illness gain valuable life skills to reach their level of recovery? Are you a natural teacher, possessing the patience and collaborative attitude to help people achieve recovery goals? Are you known for your ability to focus on the detailed and precise execution of a process? If so, we may have the perfect role for you as a Residential Life Skills Coach at Aspire Indiana.
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together . . . making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and community service.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and helpful contributors who demonstrate care and consideration for client beliefs, values and judgments. If you think you may be a valuable team player in this type of environment, read on to learn more about our Residential Life Skills Coach position.
We are currently looking for a Part-time Residential Coach for our Deaf Cluster Apartments located in Indianapolis, IN.
The Residential Coach will provide skills training and development to seriously mentally ill adults. Duties include, but are not limited to: consumer care, crisis management, documentation, medication monitoring, teaching critical skills such as hygiene, personal care, safety, meal preparation, housekeeping, money management, etc., and any other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a Human Service related field from a college/university accredited by the US Dept of Education preferred
- Must be fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)
- (1) year of related experience in a service capacity to individuals in need (e.g., children, youth, elderly, physically, emotionally, and/or mentally disabled, special needs, nursing care, etc.) REQUIRED
- Previous work experience in a health care setting; preferably Mental Health and prior work or life experience with adults who have a serious mental illness
- Must be able to effectively communicate in American Sign Language (ASL) with deaf, deaf-blind and hard of hearing individuals
- Must have knowledge of deaf culture and resources related to deafness
- Must be capable of exercising good judgment in crisis situations
- Must have reliable transportation to attend trainings, meetings and/or transport consumers to appointments
- Must maintain a valid driver's license, current automobile insurance and a driving record that meets the guidelines and requirements of the organization
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual and program needs
Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspire's policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Driving History Record, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References.
We are committed to the health and wellness of our employees and are proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about Aspire, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Morgan Miller at email@example.com or (317) 587-0550