Infectious Disease Testing Counselor
- - HIV
- Lafayette, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits Eligible
Infectious Disease Testing Counselor
Put your passion for people to work!
Do you have an interest in providing specialty behavioral health services to consumers and their families in a flexible, community setting? Are you a natural problem solver, possessing the critical thinking skills to collaboratively and creatively help consumers achieve their goals? Are you an organized and efficient case manager, paying close attention to accurate documentation practices? If so, we may have the perfect role for you as an Infectious Disease Testing Counselor.
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and community service.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and helpful contributors who demonstrate care and consideration for client beliefs, values and judgments. If you think you may be a valuable team player in this type of environment, read on to learn more about our Infectious Disease Testing Counselor position.
The HIV Testing Counselor is an ISDH grant funded position that provides behavioral risk assessment, referrals, HIV prevention, education, and confidential HIV testing to individuals participating in the Indiana Department of Health HIV programs. This position is based out of our Anderson location, but will cover a 14 county area. Duties include, but are not limited to, conducting HIV, syphilis and Hepatitis C testing via blood draw or rapid test to participants eligible to receive services, conducting pre-and post-test counseling to eligible participants, educational presentations in group settings, completing behavioral risk assessments and being part of a multi-disciplinary team that provides ongoing support to consumers in the community.
- Medical Assistant degree from a two (2) year clinical program; other equivalent degrees with certification, licensure, or registration considered or a
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or directly related field from an accredited university
- HIV Counseling & Testing certification will be provided
- Previous clinical experience in mental health facility or medical office setting highly preferred
- Must have knowledge of and ability to relate to community resources
- Strong ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle highly confidential information with professionalism
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Must be capable of exercising good judgment in crisis situations
- Must show appreciation for and ability to respond to cultural differences, and adjust communication practices accordingly in order to minimize cross-cultural misunderstandings
- Must be flexible and cooperative
- Good communicator with strong written, oral and customer service skills
- Must have access to reliable transportation; maintain a valid driver's license, current automobile insurance and a driving record that meets the guidelines and requirements of the organization
Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspire's policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References
Aspire Indiana is committed to providing a quality fringe benefits package that includes:
Group Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and Prescription Coverage
Competitive Pay With Opportunities for Growth and Development
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Retirement Plan With Generous Employer Match
On-site Health Clinic for Eligible Staff
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account Program
Life and AD&D Insurance
Paid Bereavement and Jury Leave
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A Casual Dress Attire
A Friendly Relaxed Atmosphere
We are also committed to the health and wellness of our employees and are proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about Aspire, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Morgan Miller at email@example.com or (317) 587-0550