Director, Revenue Cycle Management - Noblesville, IN
- - Administration-Director
- Noblesville, IN, USA
- Starting at $88,550/year commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Eligible for Benefits
Put Your Passion for People to Work!
Do you have an interest in overseeing, leading and managing a team to advance and support the strategic mission of a healthcare organization? Are you a natural results-driven leader, motivating and engaging employees to be at their best? Are you organized and efficient, guiding others to produce high-quality and reputable work? If so, we may have the perfect role for you as the Director of Revenue Management.
At Aspire Indiana, we work at the core of Integrated Care. Our organizational mission is: Together . . . making health and well-being a reality! This mission not only applies to our clients, but extends to our commitment to helping our employees live healthy lives as well. This includes a job that pays well, a culture that supports positive daily experiences and work-life balance, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and community service.
To continue our work as innovators and leaders in the integrated healthcare field, we need sharp, collaborative, and disciplined contributors who demonstrate care and consideration for client beliefs, values and judgments. If you think you may be a valuable team player in this type of environment, read on to learn more about the Director of Revenue Management position.
The Director of Revenue Management will coordinate and direct the organizations's billing and collection systems, including insurance, third party and consumer activity. This position will oversee all activities related to Client Account Services and related reporting areas, policies and procedures and with the Compliance Officer for policies and procedures covering privacy of and access to, client protected health information in compliance with federal and state laws and Aspire's information privacy practices. This position will also provide leadership, direction and clinical/administrative oversight in advancing and supporting Aspire's mission, vision, vaules, and strategic priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a closely related field, plus 5 years of management experience overseeing the revenue cycle function required; or years of experience of revenue cycle management in a CMHC/FQHC environment commensurate with these requirements
- Five (5) years related work experience with at least three (3) years in a manager level capacity required
- Experience with third party contracts preferred
- Experience with FQHC/CMHC Billing preferred, DCS, MRO and other program billing a plus
- Healthcare and/or non-profit experience and a solid understanding of the behavioral health field highly preferred
- Must be knowledgeable of Federal and State laws and regulations as it pertains to Medicare and Medicaid
- Must have knowledge of accounting practices as related to Accounts Receivable
- Employment is contingent on background checks as required by Aspires policies which may include: Drug Test, Criminal History, Sex Offender Registry Search, State Central Registry Check, Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Professional References
Aspire Indiana is committed to providing a quality fringe benefits package that includes:
Group Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and Prescription Coverage
Competitive Pay With Opportunities for Growth and Development
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Retirement Plan With Generous Employer Match
On-Site Health Clinic for Eligible Staff
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account Program
Life and AD&D Insurance
Paid Bereavement and Jury Leave
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A Casual Dress Attire
A Friendly Relaxed Atmosphere
We are also committed to the health and wellness of our employees and are proud to be a tobacco free work place.
For more information about Aspire, please visit our website at www.aspireindiana.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Hilary Davis-Reed at email@example.com or at (317) 587-0518.